Tuesday 3 June 2014

Our Faulty Stars


They burned, they turned,
They left us behind,
They fell downhill,
With that roller coaster,
You and I used to ride.
They tickled through your nose,
They flooded in your chest.
Then lit up my weak bones,
a decoration for Christ.
they ran through our veins,
they dug through our bones,
and they gathered in our lungs..
to bury us in stones.
I stand upon them now,
I look at you and stare..
And I think about our stars..
how faulty and unfair..
let down their mistakes..
on our shoulders to behold..
Pains, grieves, and aches..
and stories untold..
.
But you and I did stand..
within our numbered days,
we.. we were grand..
In all possible ways..
we offered our hearts for break,
and we made our choices,
The eye-contact we make,
and the phone’s static noises.
I loved you, can’t deny it,
you loved me, present tense,
you and I were oblivion,
..a.. hot.. damn.. mess..

No comments:

Post a Comment